Pages

Monday, December 25, 2017

The Big Day

Were you good this year? Did Santa bring you lots of beautiful beads?

Jetta here with holiday greetings for Christmas Day! I have a design I have been wanting to try out for a while. I wanted this design to have the feel of a classic Christmas but be able to wear it for any season.















But the twist was to take them from being earrings to becoming a bracelet. I dove right in with these amazing red lampwork rings from A Beaded Gift. Then I added my own polymer clay bittersweet round beads. The brass filigree pieces are Vintaj and elegant copper ear wires from Faerystone.


The tiny lobster clasps can be detached from the ear wires and then clasp them to the jump rings on the bottom of each earring. I am very happy with how they turned out.


Who knows what beads and jewelry design adventures are in our future. I hope your holiday time is filled with love, fun, and togetherness...

Happy Holidays,
Jetta

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chelle! I had completely different beads planned but these were the ones that came together the best :)

      Delete
  2. Very clever design! Have an inspiring new year!

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I hope all your bead dreams come true in 2018!!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea!! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingenious AND beautiful--I love it! Excellent design(s), Jetta! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jetta, when I first started making jewelry, a mentor told me when I wanted to try making a bracelet that I should make two 3” earrings, connect them and add a clasp!! You took that concept a step further. Beautiful and very creative! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just learned something new....when I have trouble designing a bracelet I will make two earrings and attach them!! Thanks Norbel xx

      Delete