Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Mele Kalikimaka

I have to admit, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation has become somewhat of a tradition for me and my hubby to watch every holiday season.  I mean come on! its a classic, right?  It doesn't matter how many times I've seen it, I laugh hysterically every time.
squirrel ?
I made these earrings this past weekend not really expecting this design, but turns out, I really love them. They were popping with color that did in fact bring out some holiday cheer, ☺
I posted them on my Facebook page and received a wonderful comment to how they resemble a Hawaiian Christmas, so there ya go...they are now titled my Mele Kalikimaka earrings, ☺

So dream big friends!!
Say so long to 2015 and we'll be ROCKIN in the New Year!!!

 ♪♫♪♪♫ Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say, 
on a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day, 
That's the island greeting that we send to you, 
From the land where palm trees sway, 
Here we know that Christmas will be green and bright, 
The sun to shine by day and all the stars at night, 
Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way

5 comments:

  1. I love that film too! I think it is more funny each time I watch it. There are only certain ones I will watch over and over and that is at the top of the list, along with Elf, A Christmas Story, The Charlie Brown Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life and Holiday Inn. In fact, I will be watching Holiday Inn later tonight. It is my Christmas tradition to wrap gifts while it is playing! Enjoy the holidays! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive and definitely puts you in mind of a tropical island. Perfect Mele Kilikimaka earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn!! You are so right, Christmas Vacation is a classic! Fun fun! And you do colorful better than anyone! Consistently beautiful, colorful earrings! I love them. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm a great admirer of your gorgeous creations. And this is just another beautiful pair. Love the colors, so festive, fun and cheerful. Lots of movement in these as well.

    ReplyDelete