Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Little lamps

In contrast to my last shared pair of earrings, here's a super simple pair.


They're still kinda fun though.  As soon as I saw these paper tube beads (made by Spoon), I couldn't shake the image of a pair of vintage lamps from my head.  I told myself it was a bit of a daft idea, but still I couldn't resist going ahead with it. I think they turned out pretty cute.


I listed them in my Etsy shop the other week. I have a stack of more elaborate earrings waiting to be photographed, but the sun is currently shining away far too brightly for photographs to happen. (I'm not going to grumble about that!)  Hopefully, I'll have got them taken in time for my next post!

While I'm here, tomorrow is the reveal day for our monthly blog hop, We're All Ears. Have you made your earrings yet?

Bye for now, Claire
www.somethingtodo.etsy.com
www.somethingtodowithyourhands.com

9 comments:

  1. so cute . I didnt realise how much they look like retro lamps till you mentioned it and now that's the only image i see lol
    great idea. love those rondelles too

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya they do look like cool retro lamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. So retro and totally adorable!! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so very cute, Miss Claire! They do look like retro lamps which are so back in style! I love the colors. And I will see you all tomorrow with my two pairs of earrings inspired by the Guggenheim museum! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look fun and colorful! Sure to brighten any outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These paper beads are awesome! I love both the stripes and the colors. With the little rondelle bases (love your addition of the turquoise, it really works with the other colors) they really do look like mod lamps! (Makes me want a new lamp now, ha.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will echo the retro comment- so cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete