Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Connections

I bought a pair of ceramic connector beads from Karen Totten of Starry Road Studio, awhile ago.  I love the glaze color she calls Pomegranate.  I have a number of her pieces in that color.  But for some reason these connectors stumped me.  Its not that I disliked them, its just that nothing I paired with them seemed to be the right shape that balanced nicely with the tapered shape of the connectors. But yesterday I had one of those ah-ha moments!

It occurred to me that teardrop shaped beads would be a good match, because they would echo the tapered shape of Karen's connectors.  I dug around in my bead stash and came up with these lampwork glass headpins from Havana Beads.   They both echo the tapered shape of Karen's connectors, as well as being a pleasing color combination.  Viola!
These are simple, versatile earrings, while at the same time being distinctively unique!
These earrings would add just the right artisan touch to an outfit like this.
The "Pomegranate Drop" earrings will be listed in my Etsy shop later this evening.
Linda


8 comments:

  1. Great earrings! I love the design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my all time favorite colors Karen uses on her Ceramic, I'm sure I have a couple pieces in that color. The lampy headpins are a super match, quite different but there is a hint of that Pomegranate red in there, just enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute Linda! Beautiful colors! Love the outfit you picked out as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful glaze. It's so satisfying she you happen upon that combination you've been struggling with. A lovely pair of earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your design! The tear drop headpins are a perfect complement to the connectors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh pretty! Just perfect with that outfit. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I'm so glad you had that Ah Ha moment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I love that pomegranate glaze too, I've had some of Karen's things in that color! I love it with the swirly earth tones in the lampwork drops and with the copper.

    ReplyDelete