Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

We're All Ears :: April Inspiration

I am a catalog junkie. I would love to live in the pages of Pottery Barn. I think in another life I would have loved to be a set designer for a catalog like this. So I found my inspiration for April in the sale section of that site with these sweet little Skylark plates

I love the mod shapes on the bird, the soft leafy greens in the striped linens and the antique looking glassware that looks like it was right out of my grandmother's hutch. The dark forest wood table, twisted rope placemats, the tiny golden berries, the outline of the bird bowl and the modular hammered silverware all intrigue me. 

What inspires you from this springy tablescape?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To participate in the We're All Ears creative challenge:
Make earrings inspired by this picture.
Write a post on your blog.
Add your exact blog post URL link to the InLinkz code right here
on Friday, April 18th.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors in this photo! I can see why you selected it...it's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great choice to use a catalog picture. That bird is darling and this is going to push me into a color scheme that I don't usually go for so that is an awesome creative stretch! Looking forward to seeing all the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't wait to see this month's challenge! This one already inspired earrings and a necklace, which I made yesterday. This picture took me in an interesting and unexpected direction. Great choice, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know whether to create a gorgeous pair of earrings or whip up a delightful salad to put on the cute plate! Can't wait to see what people do with this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting choice, it has a real seventies vibe! and that sure looks like avocado green on the salad plate and napkin to me. Let's see where this will lead us...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this inspiration Erin! Totally inspiring!

    ReplyDelete