Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Amber Iron

It's going to be a short post from me today.  I woke up at 5.30am following a nightmare and I don't function well with too little sleep!  I have managed, however, to fix up some new earrings to share with you today. I'm picking up where Nikki left off yesterday, with more crustiness.


The rusty droppers are some I made a while ago and they've been hanging out on my desk, as beads do, waiting for a fit.  I particularly like this rusted iron patina, which I've dotted with yellow dye-oxide.  You wouldn't think they have a polymer clay base.  These earrings are available now in my Etsy shop.  Similar beads can be found in my bead shop.


Before I go, a quick reminder about tomorrow's blog hop.  I hope you'll think about taking part.  I've got mine made!  There are also some beautiful earrings up for grabs, along with some fabulous components and a rather splendid earring stand and there's still a chance to enter.  Click here to read all about it and get involved.

Bye for now, Claire


7 comments:

  1. Very cool Claire, I love the rustiness of your Polymer Clay drops!!! They go so well with the rusty discs combined with the elegance of the pearl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic earrings. The pearls adds a bit of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the addition of those pearls! Great earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great earrings! They have a rustic sassiness that I love owing to that bright pop of yellow. That is a terrifying color for me. I really must make something with it and get over myself. And thanks for reminding everyone of the hop and the giveaway tomorrow. I will be inviting my Mojo to play with me tonight and have it all ready for the reveal. I already saw one jewelry buddy who posted hers. So excited! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pearls just take the whole design up a notch - makes them wearable for any occasion! Love these :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the white pearls with the coffee bean brown and saffron yellow--both the color scheme and contrast of the pearls with the "crust" is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete