Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Autumn Harvest

Fall is in the air!



We just got a post-card from the local farm where we normally take our yearly autumn hayride into the pumpkin field to choose a few for Halloween and to have on the porch for the rest of the season into Thanksgiving.  I love those little jaunts with my 2 boys.  The little store where you pay for your pumpkins always has a pile of cute little gourds and multi-colored corn with dry shocks; beautiful chrysanthemums in magnificent shades of magenta, yellow, and rust; and yummy apple cider!

Photo from terragreenhouses.com/ via Pinterest
I got these sweet little ceramic hearts/leaves from Diana P of Suburban Girl Studios, when I made a short trek to BeadFest in August.  I thought they actually looked pretty "Spring-y" and was going to save them for then, but when trying to find inspiration for a post today, they were on my table along with some enameled brass elements I had been experimenting with.  The colors sort of popped out at me and said "Apple Cider"!

They needed another color though, so after looking through my Czech glass stash, found these cute little flowers in rust.  They wouldn't face forward though, so I strung them on sterling wire and did a sort of herringbone wrap with copper to hold them tight!  I finished the pair with hand-wrought sterling earwires embellished with copper.



Perfect for the season, or anytime!  They are long, about 3 inches, and would look so great with lots of outfits, but neutrals, denim, leather all sort of jump to mind!


Melissa Meman
Melismatic Art Jewelry
Art. Life. Love.


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Those ceramic charms are wonderful, and the way you wrapped the flowers is genius! I love those little flower beads but I never know what to do with them. I really like these colors together, and as usual, your enamel looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I absolutely love these earrings Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors! So happy fall is finally here. And I agree with Keirsten...never quite knew what to do with those all those cute little flowers...and now I know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete