Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Autumn Calling

Pumpkin Pie and Eggnog. And Plum Jam.
These delicious lampwork beads from CEvansDesigns are in the exact colors of pumpkin pie and eggnog!! I had to have them. I combined them with rust-hued rings (soldered, textured and patinated by me, using a combination of dye oxide patinas), antiqued copper, blackberry pearls, and Czech glass leaves (from Happy Mango Beads) in a plum/oil slick finish. I just love the pumpkin colors with the plum.

I picture these with cozy knits in autumn hues:
Cozy, No? From Dreamyil on Etsy
I love the colors, scents and feel of autumn. I think it may be my favorite season. Its extravagance and briefness make it somehow especially poignant, like the brilliant finale of a fireworks display. One is always sad when it's over, but a little breathless at the same time.

You can see more at my Etsy shop, lunedesigns.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent work on the earrings! I love the color combination and your wiring is superb and well as your writing. Autumn, I do miss the change of season which is even more brief here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning earrings Keirsten! Those lampwork beads are such a gorgeous color and as always your wire wrapping is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see the designs that are created using my lampwork glass beads...these are just beautiful. thank you so much for sharing and the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete